Brain Cell Support Plus™
Brain Cell Support Plus™ was designed by Hyla Cass, MD, to support optimal brain health, mental focus and mood. In addition to Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALC) Brain Cell Support Plus contains Cognizin®, a potent brain-health nutrient clinically shown to support mental energy, focus, attention and recall.* The formula also provides DMAE, Phosphatidylserine, and two well-supported brain-supporting botanicals – Ginkgo Biloba and Gotu Kola – to support healthy neurotransmitter production and mood.* Additionally, Dr. Cass is now including two additional natural compounds – Huperzine A (from the Chinese club moss Huperzia serrata) and Vinpocetine (from the periwinkle plant) to aid in supporting cerebral blood-flow and memory. For more information read: Protecting Memory and Preserving Cognitive Performance
Brain Cell Support Plus, $55.00 Order Now
Includes an Unconditional, 30-Day, Money-Back Guarantee.
Citicoline is often called a “brain nutrient” because it increases levels of several important neurotransmitters including acetylcholine, dopamine and noradrenaline. It also helps maintain the integrity of neuronal cell membranes – a function also performed by the phosphatidylserine in this formula. Citicoline and acetyl L-carnitine promote increased energy production in the brain, specifically in the frontal cortex. Supplementation with Citicoline has been shown to promote memory, attention, and behavior in mentally healthy older adults.
The added ingredient DMAE crosses the blood brain barrier, is a precursor to choline, and may also increase levels of the memory neurotransmitter acetylcholine. Studies with DMAE have demonstrated improvements in mood and behavior in older adults. DMAE, acetyl L-carnitine, and gotu kola may all have a mild stimulatory effect in the brain, enhancing focus and concentration. It is recommended that Brain Cell Support be taken in the morning and/or at mid-day.*
Citicoline, also known as Cytidine 5′-diphosphocholine and CDPcholine, is found naturally in the body and has been shown to be harmless in the clinical pathology of actual subjects. Citicoline, a dietary supplement ingredient, is a precursor of phosphatidylcholine, a type of phospholipid that is a component of cell membranes. When the body absorbs Citicoline, it is broken down into uridine and choline. Citicoline reforms in the brain and is used as raw material for phosphatidylcholine synthesis.
It is believed that Citicoline stabilizes the membranes of neuronal cells through the metabolic pathway and inhibits the formation of free fatty acids, substances exhibiting cytotoxicity. Citicoline is also converted to acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter.
Cognizin® citicoline has been shown in scientific studies to help support brain health and function:
• When given as a supplement to groups of elderly people, citicoline produced measurable improvements in memory, attention, behavior and reaction time.(1) The studies also showed that citicoline supplementation helped these people cooperate, relate to each other better, and maintain their independence.
• Promoting normal circulation is important not only for cardiovascular health but also for the health of the brain. Studies suggest that citicoline helps promote a healthy outlook and improves attention and behavior in elderly people.(2)
• Citicoline helps support mental agility in healthy older people. In a study of older adults who did not have cognitive impairment but who complained of forgetfulness, citicoline supplementation improved short-term memory(3) and verbal memory.(4)
• Citicoline is not just for the elderly. Even middle-aged adults have shown benefits as measured by sophisticated brain imaging techniques. A study using this new technology showed that in healthy middle-aged adults, six weeks of supplementation with Cognizin® citicoline help increase energy and electrical activity in the frontal lobe of the brain, the seat of higher thought, decision-making and focus.(5)
Research indicates Citicoline has a targeted action for increasing brain phospholipid synthesis. Citicoline is absorbed as a form of its hydrolyzed products, uridine and choline. Within the brain, neuronal cells convert uridine into cytidine, which reacts with choline to produce Citicoline. Citicoline then moves into the metabolic pathway of phosphatidylcholine production in the brain.
Citicoline has been used extensively for the promotion of optimal neural and cognitive function. Numerous scientific studies have shown that Citicoline may be an effective alternative to phosphatidylcholine and has a measurable effect on memory for healthy individuals as well improving mild memory problems associated with aging. Citicoline is frequently used as a pharmaceutical drug in many European countries and Japan for cognitive impairment and brain metabolism activations, especially when the clinical picture is predominantly one of cerebrovascular disease.
1. Secades JJ, Lorenzo JL. Meth Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 2006;27(Suppl B):1-56.
2. Fiorvanti M, Yanagi M. In: The Cochrane Library, Oxford, England. 2006;Issue 4.
3. Alvarez XA et al. Meth Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 1997;19(3):201-10
4. Spiers PA et al. Arch Neurol. 1996;53:441-48.
5. Silveri MM et al. NMR Biomed. 2008; www.interscience.wiley.com DOI:10.1002/nbm.1281. 6Conant R, Schauss AG. Alt Med Rev. 2004;9:1, 17-31.
Good Morning Dr. Cass! I wanted to send you a quick note to say “thank you” for what you do and Brain Cell Support! Approx four months ago, my mother was an “over prescribed” dementia patient living w/ elder abuse in Palm Desert. We brought her home, detoxed her and met with Dr. Karen Josephson, MD who introduced us to you and your products. The best day! Today, my Mom’s appearance, behavior, and mental ability have utterly changed and she continues to improve. Now, her Namenda and blood pressure pills are supplements to your products! We are strong believers and want to thank you for leading the way!
My father has suffered from Alzheimer’s since 2008. His doctor recently put him on Brain Cell Support Plus, and it has really made a positive difference in his cognition and awareness. We are very happy with this product and would recommend it!
I only really appreciated the efficacy of the Brain Support Plus formula after my patients were without it for a month. The families called me desperately wanting it and noticed the decline in their loved ones. No other supplements seemed to have the benefit of this formula. I unequivocally see the improvement in my patients and recommend it to all my patients with cognitive impairment.
|Ingredients||Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Acetyl-L-Carnitine (as 600 mg Acetyl L-Carnitine HCL)||500 mg||*|
|Cognizin Citicholine (CDP-Choline)||200 mg||*|
|DMAE (dimethylaminoethanol as 275 mg DMAE bitartrate)||100 mg||*|
|Phosphatidylserine (from soy)||100 mg|
|Ginkgo Biloba leaf extract (standardized to 24%
ginkoflavonglycosides and 6% terpene lactones)
|Gotu Kola herb extract (Centella asiatica, standardized
to 10% asiaticoside and 30% triterpenes)
|Huperzine A (Huperzia serrata)||100 mcg||*|
|* Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients: Vegetarian capsules. Cognizin® a trademark of Kyowa Hakko Bio Co, Ltd.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.