I have a limited, personalized private practice in nutritional medicine and holistic psychiatry in Los Angeles. I use an integrated approach in the evaluation and treatment of individuals with a wide variety of conditions. I work very personally with each patient, and as a result, I take on only those whom I feel I can truly help. I will consult with your other practitioners as well, so that treatment decisions are not simply up to you: we help determine the best path. I may also refer you for other modalities that I don’t cover eg acupuncture, chiropractic, or neurofeedback.
I look for the underlying cause of the condition and treating accordingly, rather than simply treating the symptoms with medications, with their attendant side effects.
I also help many individuals reduce or eliminate psychotropic medication such as antidepressants, gradually, safely and comfortably, to minimize or avoid withdrawal symptoms, with the use of specific supplements. Included here are programs for substances of abuse, as well.
Evaluations include a thorough history and laboratory tests. I may recommend dietary and lifestyle changes, nutritional supplements, and/or natural hormone therapy. In fact, in order to fully benefit from my evaluation and treatment, you will most likely be asked to take quite few supplements (capsules, liquids or powders) daily as part of your individualized program.
I also consult long distance, though due to regulatory constraints, this will be as an adjunct to your own doctor’s care.
Some of the areas I cover:
- Attention deficit disorder (ADD/ADHD), traumatic brain injury, anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder
- Addiction/substance abuse.
- Memory and cognition problems, especially related to aging
- Stress reduction
- Allergies, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia
- Hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
- Women’s health (including PMS, menopause) and men’s health (including natural hormone evaluation and therapy)
- Maintenance of optimal health and longevity.
- Initial Program fee is $2250 and includes the following:
- The first in-person visit of 1 1/2 to 2 hours. This includes evaluation, prescribing lab work, and initial individualized supplement regimen
- There is phone or email contact as needed afterwards to adjust the program.
- Second visit of 1-1 1/2 hours, usually in 4-6 weeks later, after any lab tests are back. i.e. I will most likely order lab tests, often partially covered by insurance. This is preferably in person but can be by phone or Skype if you live at a distance.
- Thereafter, visits are based on need – anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks or more apart, and charged at $450 per visit.
- We do not bill insurance directly, nor do we accept Medicare or MediCal. An insurance form (Superbill) will be given to you at the time of your visit, to submit to your insurance company to request reimbursement. The amount reimbursed depends on your policy, and is often only a small portion of actual charges.
- Average cost of supplements is $150-200/month, especially at the start.
Phone consultation prorated at $500/hr, payable in advance, minimum 30 mins for $250, to review your case to date and offer my input/feedback, which can include referral to one or more other professionals or modalities. If you then decide to go forward with me, the fee will count toward a full consultation.
Personalized Referral Service – “Medical Matchmaking”
I also offer a phone or Skype consultation service to help you find the right practitioner(s), in your area or long distance, depending on the modality. I have actually found locations practitioners for people as far away as Africa, Australia, and the UK. This is done on an individual basis, rather like a medical match-making service, based on an evaluation as noted above prorated at $500/hr.minimum 1/2 hr. I have a broad network of professional experts whom I have met over my many years of practice, speaking and teaching. In fact I may send you to someone who is further away if they are more appropriate, or even to someone who does distance consulting, I may also refer to specific professional membership organization that have respected training programs, and again, help you choose among them once you have looked them over.
The fee for this is service $500 per hour, prorated, with a minimum of 30 minutes for $250.
Please use the contact form below to inquire further about my services.