Brain Cell Support Plus™
Brain Cell Support Plus™ was designed by Hyla Cass, MD, to support optimal brain health, mental focus and mood. In addition to Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALC) Brain Cell Support Plus contains Cognizin®, a potent brain-health nutrient clinically shown to support mental energy, focus, attention and recall.* The formula also provides DMAE, Phosphatidylserine, and two well-supported brain-supporting botanicals – Ginkgo Biloba and Gotu Kola – to support healthy neurotransmitter production and mood.* The additional natural compound Huperzine A (from the Chinese club moss Huperzia serrata) is to aid in supporting cerebral blood-flow and memory.
Brain Cell Support Plus has been discontinued.
Please visit Metabolic Maintenance for our recommended alternative.
Includes an Unconditional, 30-Day, Money-Back Guarantee.
Directions: Two (2) capsules once to twice daily with meals as a dietary supplement, or as directed by a health care professional.
Here are the ingredients that contribute Brain Cell Support Plus’ superior success:
Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALC) is a cognitive enhancer and neuroprotective agent that protects against a wide range of age-related degenerative changes in the brain and nervous system
DMAE crosses the blood brain barrier, and is converted to choline, a precursor to acetylcholine, the memory neurotransmitter. Studies with DMAE have demonstrated improvements in mood and behavior in older adults.
Phosphatidylserine (PS) is a naturally-occurring phospholipid nutrient that improves brain function. Supplementation with PS has been proven to slow, halt, or in many cases, even reverse cognitive degeneration that often occurs with age.
Ginkgo biloba protects brain cells from damage caused by free radicals while improving blood circulation and oxygen delivery through the microcapillaries.
Gotu kola (Centella asiatica has been used around the world for centuries to treat nervous disorders, epilepsy, senility and premature aging. It stimulates learning, memory and alertness, and can calm anxiety. In traditional Chinese medicine gotu kola was referred to as the “fountain of youth” herb.
Huperzine A (from the Chinese club moss Huperzia serrata): improves memory and learning in healthy humans as well as those with dementia. It prevents acetylcholinesterase (AchE) from destroying acetylcholine, the memory molecule. In one study, researchers found that 58 percent of Alzheimer’s patients experience significant improvement in both cognitive and memory function when taking Huperzine.
Cognizin® Citicoline is a precursor to acetylcholine, a cholinergic neurotransmitter that declines with age. Citicoline is often called a “brain nutrient” because it increases levels of several important neurotransmitters including acetylcholine, dopamine and noradrenaline. It conducts nerve impulses within the brain, improving memory and learning skills, elevating mood, preventing memory loss in elderly adults, and increasing physical energy. It also helps maintain the integrity of neuronal cell membranes – a function also performed by the phosphatidylserine in this formula. Citicoline and acetyl L-carnitine promote increased energy production in the brain, specifically in the frontal cortex. Supplementation with Citicoline has been shown to promote memory, attention, and behavior in mentally healthy older adults as well.
More on Citocoline
Citicoline, also known as Cytidine 5′-diphosphocholine and CDPcholine, is found naturally in the body and has been shown to be harmless in the clinical pathology of actual subjects. Citicoline, a dietary supplement ingredient, is a precursor of phosphatidylcholine, a type of phospholipid that is a component of cell membranes. When the body absorbs Citicoline, it is broken down into uridine and choline. Citicoline reforms in the brain and is used as raw material for phosphatidylcholine synthesis.
It is believed that Citicoline stabilizes the membranes of neuronal cells through the metabolic pathway and inhibits the formation of free fatty acids, substances exhibiting cytotoxicity. Citicoline is also converted to acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter.
Cognizin® citicoline has been shown in scientific studies to help support brain health and function:
• When given as a supplement to groups of elderly people, citicoline produced measurable improvements in memory, attention, behavior and reaction time.(1) The studies also showed that citicoline supplementation helped these people cooperate, relate to each other better, and maintain their independence.
• Promoting normal circulation is important not only for cardiovascular health but also for the health of the brain. Studies suggest that citicoline helps promote a healthy outlook and improves attention and behavior in elderly people.(2)
• Citicoline helps support mental agility in healthy older people. In a study of older adults who did not have cognitive impairment but who complained of forgetfulness, citicoline supplementation improved short-term memory(3) and verbal memory.(4)
• Citicoline is not just for the elderly. Even middle-aged adults have shown benefits as measured by sophisticated brain imaging techniques. A study using this new technology showed that in healthy middle-aged adults, six weeks of supplementation with Cognizin® citicoline help increase energy and electrical activity in the frontal lobe of the brain, the seat of higher thought, decision-making and focus.(5)
Research indicates Citicoline has a targeted action for increasing brain phospholipid synthesis. Citicoline is absorbed as a form of its hydrolyzed products, uridine and choline. Within the brain, neuronal cells convert uridine into cytidine, which reacts with choline to produce Citicoline. Citicoline then moves into the metabolic pathway of phosphatidylcholine production in the brain.
Citicoline has been used extensively for the promotion of optimal neural and cognitive function. Numerous scientific studies have shown that Citicoline may be an effective alternative to phosphatidylcholine and has a measurable effect on memory for healthy individuals as well improving mild memory problems associated with aging. Citicoline is frequently used as a pharmaceutical drug in many European countries and Japan for cognitive impairment and brain metabolism activations, especially when the clinical picture is predominantly one of cerebrovascular disease.
For more information see: Protecting Memory and Preserving Cognitive Performance
1. Secades JJ, Lorenzo JL. Meth Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 2006;27(Suppl B):1-56.
2. Fiorvanti M, Yanagi M. In: The Cochrane Library, Oxford, England. 2006;Issue 4.
3. Alvarez XA et al. Meth Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 1997;19(3):201-10
4. Spiers PA et al. Arch Neurol. 1996;53:441-48.
5. Silveri MM et al. NMR Biomed. 2008; www.interscience.wiley.com DOI:10.1002/nbm.1281. 6Conant R, Schauss AG. Alt Med Rev. 2004;9:1, 17-31.
[testimonials categories=”brain-cell-support-plus” seq=”Yes” hideauthor=”no” hidecompany=”no” tests_per_row=”1″ ]
|Ingredients||Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Acetyl-L-Carnitine (as 600 mg Acetyl L-Carnitine HCL)||500 mg||*|
|Cognizin Citicholine (CDP-Choline)||200 mg||*|
|DMAE (dimethylaminoethanol as 275 mg DMAE bitartrate)||100 mg||*|
|Phosphatidylserine (from soy)||100 mg|
|Ginkgo Biloba leaf extract (standardized to 24%
ginkoflavonglycosides and 6% terpene lactones)
|Gotu Kola herb extract (Centella asiatica, standardized
to 10% asiaticoside and 30% triterpenes)
|Huperzine A (Huperzia serrata)||100 mcg||*|
|* Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients: Vegetarian capsules. Cognizin® a trademark of Kyowa Hakko Bio Co, Ltd.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
[…] Brain Cell Support Plus […]
[…] Brain Cell Support Plus […]
[…] celebration of this, for the first time ever I’m offering a 15% discount on Brain Cell Support Plus for month of July, while supplies last. Just use the code word, “brainlove” and […]