Dr. Cass, Hope all is well. I’ve had a lot of stress in my life in the past couple of years, and ‘m experiencing panic attacks on a continous basis. I’d like to treat myself with something natural – can you please tell me what I should be doing or taking? Thank you, E.M.
Dear E.M., Panic attacks are a combination of fear (psyche) and physiological reaction (adrenal response/fight or flight) and brain chemistry response. To deal with each, and in no particular order you may want to consider the following:
- EFT for fear (e.g. old PTSD can be lurking in your subconscious, coming out when you’re more stressed and vulnerable). http://www.TheTappingSolution.com will give you the tools to do this.
- 5-HTP, 100 mg twice daily, to enhance serotonin and calm your mind.
- GABA promoting nutrients, such as those found in my CALM product, 2 caps twice daily.
- Adrenal support from adaptogens such as those in my Energy Boost formula.
- Super EPA to balance your brain overall.
- Daily Multi vitamin for co-factors required for making brain and adrenal chemicals.
- Eating regularly – perhaps frequent small meals to balance blood sugar; extra chromium if needed.
You may also wish to read about my Brain Recovery Program.
Yours in good health, Hyla Cass MD