Identifying Information: Born in Toronto, Canada
Occupation: psychiatrist; integrative medical practitioner; author; speaker, consultant
Education: Pre-Medical and Medical Education: University of Toronto, School of Medicine, Canada
Internship: Los Angeles County-U.S.C. Medical Center
Residency Training: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center/UCLA, Los Angeles, California: Adult, Child and Family Psychiatry
Board Certification: Diplomate, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Diplomate American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine
Attending Staff Physician: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (1980-92)
- Orthomolecular Health and Medicine Society (OHM)
- American College for Advancement in Medicine (ACAM.org).
- American College for Advancement in Medicine (ACAM.org) (past)
- Board Member Emeritus and Past President, Nourish America, providing vitamins to underprivileged children and other at-risk populations (www.nourishamerica.org)
- Taste for Life, Peterborough, Maine (www.tasteforlife.com)
- Alliance for Addiction Solutions (https://www.allianceforaddictionsolutions.com)
- Associate editor: Total Health Magazine, St. George Utah (www.totalhealthmagazine.com)
Bottom Line Health
- 2001. Safe Harbor award for outstanding contributions in alternative mental health
- 2010. American College for Advancement in Medicine (ACAM.org)
- 2014. The Legacy Service Award, Emord & Associates’ “Excellence in Integrative Medicine”
- 2015 Induction into the International Society for Orthomolecular Medicine’s (ISOM) Hall of Fame
- Your Amazing Itty Bitty Guide to Cannabis 2018
- The Addicted Brain and How to Break Free (e-book) 2015
- 8 Weeks to Vibrant Health for Women (McGraw-Hill, 2005; Mind Publishing, 2011)
- Supplement Your Prescription (Basic Health, Nov 2007)
- User’s Guides to Herbs (Basic Health Publications, 2004), Ginkgo (2003), and Vitamin C (2003)
- Natural Highs (Penguin Putnam Avery, 2002)
- Kava: Nature’s Answer to Stress Anxiety and Insomnia (Prima, 1999)
- St. John’s Wort: Nature’s Blues Buster (Penguin Putnam Avery, 1998)
- May 6, 20: The Doctors TV Show CBS on “Boosting Brain Health” (https://www.thedoctorstv.com/articles/amazing-brain)
- Feb 26-28: Guest speaker at Credible Behavioral Health 12th Annual Partner’s Conference in DC on “New Effective Approaches to Addiction Treatment” and “Maintaining Your Health Long Term”
- Sept 7-9: Integrative Medicine for Mental Health (IMMH), 9th annual conference in Dallas, TX : Psychiatric Uses of Cannabidiol (CBD).
- Sept 21-22: CWB Expo in Anaheim, CA; “CBD for Mental and Emotional Health”
- Oct 18-21: IPI Higher Practice Conference for Mental Health Professionals, Boulder CO, on “Using Supplements Including CBD for Complex Medication Tapers”
- April 28-May 1 Chicago, IL. Spoke on Gut- Brain Connection at Walsh Research Institute, Mastering Brain Chemistry: Physician Education Workshop
- Oct 24: Los Angeles, CA, Guest presenter at Fran Drescher’s Health Summit, on natural alternatives to prescription drugs for mental health issues and addiction.
- Nov 2-5 Salt Lake City, Utah. Instructor at Revitalizing the Addicted Brain, natural solutions for treating addiction, for professionals and the interested public
- Jan 17th 10 AM EST (Sun), Radio Interview – Essentials of Healthy Living, WFED Radio, on The Addicted Brain and How to Break Free. Show archived here for future listening.
- June 11-13, Brisbane AU, International Congress on Natural Medicine, with a focus on natural approaches to psychiatry. Keynote address to introduce the topic, and an additional one on addiction. Click Here for details.
- Sept 20-Oct 2: Kansas City, MO. Revitalizing the Addicted Brain: Amino Acid Core Training Intensive for Health Professionals. Click here for more information.
- Oct 14-16 Toronto. IHS-CAN International Healthcare Symposium – Canada; presented on Targeted Nutrients for the Brain.
- Oct 20-21 Nassau, Bahamas Presenting on women’s health at the International Women’s Empowerment Summit sponsored by the Bahamian Government.
2015 and earlier: Available on request