Step-by-step Guide to Choosing a CBD productHyla Cass
It’s important to know how to choose your product. There are a lot of inferior CBDs on the market that don’t have what they claim is in it, or contain toxins from the soil that it’s grown in, or from the extraction process.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to the factors to consider when shopping for a CBD product:
Decide Why You Want to Use CBD, and in What Form
CBD comes in many forms and delivery systems. For effects within a few minutes, the most effective are oil drops under the tongue. Then there are capsules. They are going to take longer to start working but then last longer in the system.
CBD also comes in topicals: salves for aches and post-workout discomfort, and oils for enhancing skin health and beauty. There are sprays, gummies, and vapes as well. We avoid gummies due to the high sugar content.
Know the Ingredients & Extraction Process
You’ll want to know the ingredients, how it’s extracted and that it’s non-GMO. It should be grown organically, even if not certified organic, which is another level of certification. It should be supercritical CO2 extracted, or with alcohol that is then completely removed.
Consider the THC Content
You’ll need to know if there’s any THC in it. By law, the THC content in the full spectrum hemp oil extract must be no more than 0.3% THC. While undetectable by most people, even that minuscule amount can still be helpful, but it won’t make you high. In addition, since the THC-containing product undergoes less processing, i.e. that required to remove the THC, it will also have a more robust cannabinoid and terpene profile, since there can be some collateral damage in the removal process. Your choice depends on your individual chemistry and preferences. We recommend it as first choice unless there is a reason not to have even a trace of THC, as follows.
Provides Lab Reports From Third-Parties
Every product should have a Certificate of Analysis. It will list the various cannabinoids, the terpenes, which can have considerable medicinal value, and also, show the absence of toxics– toxic metals, pesticides, and herbicides. Hemp is a concentrator, so must be grown in chemical-free soil or it will accumulate the toxins found in contaminated soil. You’ll want to see a clean Certificate of Analysis from a certified independent lab.
Formulating Our Own Brand
We formulated our own CBD because we had very specific specifications, including:
- Augmenting the CBD with beta-caryophyllene, a powerful healing terpene that is also a powerful cannabinoid
- Tasty natural lemon flavor from organic essential lemon oil
- MCT oil because it’s lighter in texture, better tasting than the heavier grassy taste of hemp oil, and also has its own healing properties
- We also have formulas with specific added terpenes for day and for night use
- Capsule formulas with added turmeric to address inflammation and melatonin for sleep
- Being a natural product, we chose our source carefully, using small local organic farms for our hemp supply
- We extract the active ingredients using alcohol, which is then completely removed, leaving pure hemp oil extract
- Mix in the additional ingredients for desired effect
- Independently test each batch for content and purity.
- Bottle and ship it to you right from our facility.
Dr. Cass’ Hemp Oil Extract/CBD is formulated to be the best possible product. We chose an excellent natural organic source of raw hemp, have extracted the active ingredients with scientific precision, added our own ingredients for various desired effects, and achieved the very best outcome.