My CBD Interview with ShilohHyla Cass, MD
Intrigued, I agreed and was so glad I did. I was delighted at the way he brought out a broad range of information through thoughtful questioning in a warm, conversational tone like he was making a new friend — and he certainly did! So it’s with great pleasure that I present you with not just the cool podcast, but his insightful intro, list of resources, and even, a testimonial.
From Shiloh’s intro to our podcast:
In this episode of the podcast, I spoke with Dr. Hyla Cass about what has fueled her career-long desire to get to the bottom of what ails her patients, whether as a replacement for or alongside, more conventional treatments. As a renowned expert in functional medicine, Dr. Cass has written extensively about topics such as the nutritional supplementation of prescription drugs, alternative approaches to overcoming addiction, and even ways patients can avoid addiction to begin with by employing natural ways to elevate mood, battle stress, and increase energy.
Her latest passion involves the many uses of CBD oil for a variety of conditions, which she writes about in her new booklet, Your Amazing Itty Bitty Guide to Cannabis: 15 Key Steps to Understanding the Many Benefits of the Cannabis Plant.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The importance of recognizing emotional trauma in the treatment of physical symptoms
- Natural approaches to postpartum depression
- The potential link between prescription drugs and mass shootings
- The influence of economics on healthcare policy and conventional medical treatment in the US
- Her viewpoint as a physician on the challenges facing the US health insurance system
- How CBD oil can be used to address a wide variety of issues
- Recent developments (and historic research) into the use of hallucinogenics to treat mental illness
- The importance of organic eating, moving every day, and social/family activities to promoting health and well-being
Click here to listen to the podcast
Links to resources mentioned in the show:
- Is It Drugs not Guns Causing Shootings?
- Link to the Weed documentary with Dr. Sanjay Gupta.
- projectcbd.org, a site recommended for information relating to the research behind CBD oil.
- ewg.org, the environmental working group site dedicated to empowering people to live healthier lives in a healthier environment.
My books that were mentioned are listed below, and you’ll find them here.
- Your Amazing Itty Bitty Guide to Cannabis: 15 Key Steps to Understanding the Many Benefits of the Cannabis Plant,
- The Addicted Brain and How to Break Free
- 8 Weeks to Vibrant Health
- Supplement Your Prescription: What Your Doctor Doesn’t Know about Nutrition
- Natural Highs: Supplements, Nutrition, and Mind-Body Techniques to Help You Feel Good All the Time
A few weeks later, I was delighted to receive this from Shiloh, with permission to share:
“My son has been battling sometimes debilitating headaches and associated nausea since he was 5 years old. When they come on, sometimes the only thing that will resolve the pain for him is a long process of being in a darkened room, running a hot bath, and waiting out the hours until they pass. Ten years later, it appears we have finally found an easy, affordable, and consistent consistent remedy in Dr. Cass’ hemp oil extract. We tried 2 droppers of the 500 mg bottle, and within 10 minutes, the headache that had started to kick-in was completely gone. He couldn’t believe it, and neither could we. A week later another one started…same dosage, same results. Gone in 10 minutes. We joked about placebo, but then when the third one started and it worked again in the same amount of time, there was no question that we were seeing a cure, not a hope. This stuff works! He also said that each day he’s taken it he has woken up the following morning feeling more refreshed and not tired. That’s really something for a 15 year old kid! Great product, can’t recommend it enough. The light lemon flavor make it pleasant for him to take as well. We are amazed and can’t wait to see what other issues it might help with. Thank you for a great natural product Dr. Cass!”
My comment: These headaches are hard to treat. The usual meds are not always effective and have side effects – so this story truly warms my heart! By the way, although children of all ages are given CBD safely and effectively, it’s best to consult your health care practitioner first.
It’s my mission to bring you the very best in effective, natural brain health.
Stay in the know by following me on Instagram and Facebook and subscribing to my newsletter.
Nationally acclaimed innovator and expert in the fields of integrative medicine, psychiatry, and addiction recovery, Dr. Cass helps individuals to take charge of their health. She specializes in helping individuals to withdraw from both psychiatric medication and substances of abuse with the aid of natural supplements.
Dr. Cass appears often as a guest on national radio and television, including The Doctors, The Dr. Oz Show, E! Entertainment, and The View, and in national print media. She is the author of several best-selling books including Natural Highs, 8 Weeks to Vibrant Health, Supplement your Prescription: What Your Doctor Doesn’t Know About Nutrition, and The Addicted Brain and How to Break Free.